Agnes Tan

Tells you everything about Singapore

Welcome to my new blog

How you all like my NEW blog? I am waiting for your comments and susggestion. Also please leave your contact & website, so that I can get back to you. I am also looking for link exchange. Thanks for your support! You can always reach me at agnes80.tan@gmail.com

My Profile My Guide to Singapore Salary & Job
My Old Blog My Guide to Sg Bargain & Events


Search This Blog

World Contraception Day 2009 in Singapore

Published by Agnes Tan @ Singapore under on Tuesday, September 29, 2009

In a nutshell, World Contraception Day is an annual worldwide campaign with a vision for a world where every pregnancy is wanted. Its mission is to improve awareness of contraception to enable young people to make informed decisions on sexual and reproductive health.

A recent survey was done on youth’s perception of sex and contraception and the findings were pretty shocking, bet you can’t believe this:

· Half of the youth surveyed (49%) have already had sex without protection
· About a third of the youths surveyed believed that withdrawal is a form of contraception
· While 62% of the respondents feel most comfortable discussing contraception with their partners, only 10% of them trust the information provided by their partners

This year the campaign is themed “Your Life, Your Voice: Talk Contraception” to encourage young people to talk about sex and contraception so they have all the information they need to prevent an unplanned pregnancy or sexually transmitted infection (STI).

Come and check out our website your-life-asia.com that we have created for youths in Asia Pacific to pledge their responsibility to themselves regarding their sexual health.

We’ve set ourselves a goal for Singapore to dedicate 300 pledges in 30 days starting Saturday, 26 September 2009! Each pledge that is made on the website entitles you to vouchers from our kind sponsor 77th Street and the winner of the best pledge gets to spend a day with Denise Keller!


World Contraception Day will be holding the press conference on Today:
Date: Tuesday, September, 2009-09-29
Time: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
Venue: Odeon Towers, 331 North Bridge Road, Singapore

In this event, there will be releasing global survey results regarding youth’s perceptions on contraception and safe sex, as well as have a number of experts resolving myths around the topic of contraception.


Click here for more Singapore Society News

Related Posts by Categories



StubleUpon Digg Delicious Technorati Fark It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Recent Comments

My Recent Articles

Visit my other blogs?

My old blog is continue updated for the juciest posts of the week:
  Everything about Singapore

You may also like to visit my other blogs:

  Singapore Job & Salary

  Best Bargain in Town


Donations with PayPal

Like my blog? Find the information useful? Thanks in advanced!

Top 5 bargains recommended by me

Top 5 jobs and salary info by me

Top 5 Juciest Posts