Agnes Tan

Tells you everything about Singapore

Welcome to my new blog

How you all like my NEW blog? I am waiting for your comments and susggestion. Also please leave your contact & website, so that I can get back to you. I am also looking for link exchange. Thanks for your support! You can always reach me at agnes80.tan@gmail.com

My Profile My Guide to Singapore Salary & Job
My Old Blog My Guide to Sg Bargain & Events


Search This Blog

Breaking News: Qantas jet hits turbulence from Singapore; 30 hurt

Published by Agnes Tan @ Singapore under on Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Again, not sure how true it is. If you have any friends or relatives taking plane, please check it out. Going to update when got more info. News is not out yet.

* Update:
Over 30 people were injured, some with broken bones and lacerations, when a Qantas passenger jet flying from Singapore to Perth struck turbulence on Tuesday and had to make an emergency landing at a remote Australian airport, officials said. "While cruising in level flight, the aircraft experienced asudden in-flight upset, resulting in injuries to a number ofcabin crew and passengers, primarily in the rear of theaircraft," the Australian Air Transport Safety Bureau said in astatement. "The crew declared a MAYDAY and diverted the aircraft toLearmonth, near Exmouth ... where it landed without furtherincident," it said.
http://www.aviationnews.eu/?p=4641
http://www.businesshax.com/article/update-1-qantas-jet-hits-turbulence-from-singapore-30-hurt/
Why so many accidents recently?

This is another case that happen recently. TAIWAN'S China Airlines says on 21 Sept. one of its jetliners suffered severe air turbulence on a flight to Indonesia, injuring 30 passengers. The airline says Saturday's incident occurred in Malaysian airspace and lasted for about 10 seconds. The airline said on Sunday that two passengers and four crew members were hospitalized for broken bones or sprains after the plane arrived on the resort island of Bali in Indonesia. The plane was carrying 339 passengers.

Click here for more Singapore Society News

Related Posts by Categories



StubleUpon Digg Delicious Technorati Fark It

1 comments:

Anonymous said... @ October 7, 2008 at 6:26 PM

My rule of thumb when flying is buckle up when seated regardless of whether the captain turn off the fasten seat belt indicator coz you can never foresee when a sudden turbulence will hit you. Air crew are most at risk as they are always up and about serving the passengers.

Post a Comment

 

Recent Comments

My Recent Articles

Visit my other blogs?

My old blog is continue updated for the juciest posts of the week:
  Everything about Singapore

You may also like to visit my other blogs:

  Singapore Job & Salary

  Best Bargain in Town


Donations with PayPal

Like my blog? Find the information useful? Thanks in advanced!

Top 5 bargains recommended by me

Top 5 jobs and salary info by me

Top 5 Juciest Posts